What is an ecommerce site? Is it a vehicle for selling products, or an opportunity for compelling storytelling that helps establish meaningful connections with customers? The answer is it’s both. Today’s leading brands are integrating content and commerce to inform and guide the buying journey. Marketing and ecommerce functions must therefore work together to ensure that every piece of content (video, blog, podcast, etc.) leads to a product page and ultimately to a purchase. This video featuring Forrester Research’s Peter Sheldon is the first in a series of five that identifies key retail trends in 2015.
- UX Best Practice: The Product Detail Page
- Melissa & Doug Succeeds With a “Brand First, Commerce Second” Strategy
- A New Standard in eCommerce: Shoppable Store Locators
- Q4 Shopping Index: From Mobile to Discount Rates and Buying Intent, It Was A Quarter of Firsts
- Retail Site Navigation: Are Your Customers Lost in the Woods or Driving Revenue?